5/7/07

week 48:neighbor


for awhile, i lived in this small in-law apartment. basically a room with a bathroom and kitchenette attached. it was nice for the most part, in expensive, in a nice area and all but there was one thing that was made living there a virtual hell.

the upstairs neighbors.

now dont get me wrong, they were nice enough and mostly unobtrusive, but they did this one thing that really would drive me insane.

they would have loud rhythm less awkward clumsy sounding sex during the early hours of the morning, either waking me up or keeping me up on nights when i had to wake early for class.

thier bed was directly above mine, and they had an old metal frame and hardwood floors.

it was a brutal year living there.

8 comments:

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

I wish I had that much excitement in my life...

Unknown said...

it was pretty bad, you know that feeling you get when you watch someone do something incorrectly and you want to jump in and take over because you know you could do a better job... it was kinda like that only not.

i remember laying there praying that they would hurry up and finish.

Rodrigo Melo said...

Muito muito bom trabalho!
Excelente técnica domíno de cores, contrastes e traço!
congratulações!!!!

Anonymous said...

brutal

Focus_ret said...

Yep. The first time I lived in the under flat, I was impressed by how much noise a person could make simply by walking in high heels and dropping bobby pins to the floor. But at my next apartment, listening to the upstairs neighbor abuse his woman was really disturbing.

I like your cartoon. It really conveys the scene well.

Greg Hartman said...

That's so funny! I think I lived in a similar flat once. Though they made it sound like heaps of fun.

Ammon said...

I am suddenly glad that I can't hear very well.

Great style and great cartoon.

carga said...

funny illo,very nice