6/21/07

week 2: rejection


this one could have been a turkey shoot, in the sense that i saw the prompt, and given the nature of many of these posts...

anyway.

i thought id go a different direction.

remember when you were a kid and youd get mail and it was a big deal?

remember after a few years having lived away from home where all you get are bills and junk mail...

well ive been getting those a lot.

and ironically its a bunch of credit card companies sending me pre-approved credit cards applications hassling me to join up.

and the thing is i know that were i to apply, due to my credit history, id be rejected.

i did actually, once to test the theory.

well it wasnt the first time, im sure it wont be the last.

3 comments:

Janice Ykema said...

my son used the think we were really winners in Publishing Clearing House......(his big deal) Ha! I explained we would get that mail every month... (forever)
You have an interesting almost but not quite, anime style to your illustrations

Tina Poe said...

I hate getting those, so I finally signed up through my bank to not receive any more credit card offers for a certain amount of time!

Catnapping said...

ever since i had to file for medical bankruptcy, and my husband died, the credit card companies have been sending me "pre-approved" applications once a week. it's insane. i have no money to spend on credit card payments!!

i think junk mail should be criminalized. send those evil CEOs to prison! mwa ha ha!