4/16/07

week 45: fortune

fortune.

years ago at the begining or rebegining of a relationship, i had a very nice lunch with a woman who held a special place in my heart, although at that point i never would have admitted it.

we went to a chinese restaurant in downtown folsom and had yummy noodles.

at the end they brought out the fortune cookies, mine was:

you will find happiness with a lost love.

hers was:

your future has its roots planted deeply in your past.

it was kinda a neat moment, it didnt last, in the long run, but it was really something while it lasted.

this is a good memory .

8 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

I like your style! And it is a cute story. I also thought of fortune cookies for this IF theme.

Steve said...

What a great story. Great illustration, nice style.

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Thanks for sharing your story and your illustration! Both are great! Cool work, as always.

Nina Seven N7 said...

i like the story that goes with it, nice touch and a great illo too.

Anonymous said...

Freaky. I've been battered by fortune cookie fortunes this past week as well.

Why do I get this feeling I may meet you at some dim sum place in NorCal this summer? ;)

Unknown said...

you planning a trip up here?

Anonymous said...

Summertime! Few things are more perfect than a summer road trip to NorCal. :)

Anonymous said...

Love fortune cookies:

On about my 5th date with my husband my fortune said: Stop Looking, Happiness is sitting right next to you.

So - I married him.