8/16/11

week 21: swell



i was going to say something else last night when i originally was going to post.

but i slept on it so to speak, and i guess i forgot most of it.

swell, i used to say its be swell but the swellings gone down, until a female co-worker took it to mean that i was referring to having an erection as opposed to a bruise, so whos the real pervert in that scenario?

sorry, i know im rambling but... well, any way.

i know that i have been blessed in my life, in that i have met and loved several wonderful women, and shared some wonderful moment with them, and the fact that things didnt work out in the end... well thats just the way things are.

that said, i have written stories, and those while maybe not the happiest or perfect, well those should have been my stories, more than just thoughts and ink on paper.

the thing is that i tried to realize them but for some reason never able to find them past the pages of some notebook.

sometimes i go back and read these stories, dig up boxes in the garage brave the dust and spiders and it takes me back and my heart swells.

one republic: good life

Woke up in London yesterday

Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
Don't really know how I got here
I got some pictures on my phone
New names and numbers that I don't know
Address to places like Abbey Road
Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want
We're young enough to say

Oh this has gotta be a good life
This has gotta be a good life
This could really be a good life, good life
Say oh, got this feeling that you can't fight
Like this city is on fire 'night
This could really be a good life
A good, good life

To my friends in New York, I say hello
My friends in L.A. they don't know
Where I've been for the past few years or so
Paris to China to Col-or-ado
Sometimes there's airplanes I can' t jump out
Sometimes there's bullshit that don't work now
We are god of stories but please tell me-e-e-e
What there is to complain about

When you're happy like a fool
Let it take you over
When everything is out
You gotta take it in

Oh this has gotta be a good life
This has gotta be a good life
This could really be a good life, good life
Say oh, got this feeling that you can't fight
Like this city is on fire 'night
This could really be a good life
A good, good life

Hopelessly
I feel like there might be something that I'll miss
Hopelessly
I feel like the window closes oh so quick
Hopelessly
I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cuz hopelessly, hopelessly
I have so much to feel good about

1 comment:

josh pincus is crying said...

look what (who) the cat dragged in.