10/12/12

week 36: mirror

 
going through many changes in life, doing quite a bit of work on becoming the person i was meant to be before i sidetracked myself with... distractions. right now is about trying to find a way to look into a mirror and not see all that self hatred staring back...

right now im pretty fucking exhausted. physically. mentally. emotionally.

and im not nearly far enough away from who i was these last few days.

however, i heard this earlier tonight and it made me smile:


Regina Spektor - The Party

You’re like a party somebody threw me
You taste like birthday
You look like New Years
You’re like a big parade through town
You leave such a mess but you’re so fun

Tell all the neighbors to start knocking down walls
To grab their guitars and run out to the hall
And we’re coming out right along to sing them my new song

For every place there is a bus
That’ll take you where you must
Start counting all your money and friends before you come back again

For every road we can retrace
For every memory we can’t face
For every name that’s been erased
Let’s have another round

May I propose a little toast?
For all the ones who hurt the most
For all the friends that we have lost
Let’s give them one more round of applause

But you’re like a party somebody threw me
You taste like birthday
You look like New Year
You’re like a big parade through town
That leaves such a mess but you’re so fun


2 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Cool ink style! Neat illustration for the situation you described. I really like the background on the left.

I find that doing something nice for someone else reminds me I'm not such a bad person. You could try that. :)

Patrick Brennan said...

Cindy, that is so true, ive been volunteering at the senior center for the last six months, its amazing how rewarding that can be.

also i checked out your website, i love your work, if i ever get around to overhauling my links ill be adding you to the list, in the meantime youll be in the daily bookmark list ;)