1/24/13

 
at first I didn't think that this one need much in the way of an explanation, but im usually wrong about that sort of thing. so here it goes:

this morning I woke up and discovered that my favorite (and only clean) pair of jeans had developed a hole in the right back pocket, aka: the wallet pocket.

so since I was already running late I was forced to put my wallet in the left back pocket: aka nothing goes in there pocket.

from the very start it felt odd, i was unbalanced and sitting was uncomfortable.

this is how my day began.

so i was late getting to the dentist (after not having been able to see one aside from a few emergencies over the last several years, only to discover that the appointment was for 8 am tomorrow morning.

luckily the had someone cancel and i was tortured with sharp plastic things getting shoved in my mouth and bombarded with radiation.

after that i was shamed as per usual by the dentist, a lecture about the importance of balh blah blah and now i need to get one of my wisdom teeth pulled (since i bailed on the removal back in 2001) and some other minor work.

it could have been worse but, frankly i just want to curl up in a ball under ten blankets and have my stomach not feel like its going to empty itself without too much in the way of warning.

i sincerely hope that your day went even marginally better than this, and i would be happy to trade you if it did.

3 comments:

wygit said...

One thing to consider about the wisdom tooth.

I went to the dentist once and after i was tortured with sharp plastic things getting shoved in my mouth and bombarded with radiation, he told me I desperately needed periodontal surgery which involves going in and having them remove the top 1/16" of the gums.

He said if I didn't have the done, I would lose all my teeth within 5 years.

I was talking with someone in the waiting room about it, and she said she had had it done, and "You that thing they say that childbirth is the mos painful experience a woman goes through? This was that level of pain, but it lasted about a month."

I bailed on the surgery.

That was 40 years ago.

I still have my teeth.

My rule for dental procedures: If it don't hurt, you can put it off.

Patrick Brennan said...

thanks for the advice :)

Patrick Brennan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.